Blog Comments

For me it would come down to more of a I don't have a problem with it being worn if it is their choosing to wear it. If you were to look at me and say I have to wear (insert what ever you like) or I will be punished I start having a problem with it. Granted this here opens up a whole different barrel of worms as what should be the exact amount of clothing that one needs to wear to be considered acceptable in public. For the sake of equalizing things here and say that regardless if you are male or female you have to wear at least shorts to be legally dress in public. Since it would cover that part of the law I would have no problem with them wearing it if they choose since it is not breaking the over all "dress code" part of the law if they are doing it by their own free will. Granted on the other side of the coin I will say that if you choose to wear it don't throw a fit and complain when it come to government officials telling you you need to remove it for things like getting you picture taken for official documents, IE drivers license/state ID, passport, or student ID. Also on the same token don't complain when asked by police or other officials to remove coverings to verify that you are who your idea says you are. Granted I have no problem with giving you the right to ask for a female officer to be the one to do the verifying if it make you more comfortable if there is one available, but at the same time you also will go about making it seem more difficult for you as you will appear to being difficult.

So to make a long idea short. If someone wants to do something and it is not disruptive to the public at large or harmful to another human being what is the problem with them doing it. If some one from a different faith from yours does something that goes against what you believe don't try to force them to change what they are doing unless it is harmful to you, because when it comes down to it your faith is what you believe in and no one knows who is right and wrong till we are all dead and gone.
    Thanx Hon I am truly lucky to have a wife that is that concerned about my well being! *HUGS*
    here here. Three cheers for the authors who spend countless hours bring us hours of joy and wonder as we explore the worlds they create for us with their pens and parchment.
    *raises mug of mead while seated around the Inn/tavern table (where most of these stories start) with her traveling companions* I'll drink to that! To the hero, on her journey!
    I'm so glad you have books now! They are soo important! *hugs*
    You are most welcome my love .. I have to add it is an absolute joy seeing the change in you "for the better" now that you have books to read. I must say you are so worth it. and Wish i could have made this dream come true sooner, but as i said things are meant to happen when they are meant to happen. you glow that little bit more with happiness now that you have that joy of reading back in your life. I feel a little bit of pride that i was able to help with that. Enjoy your books my love.
    I didn't post any details of our vent convo, so you have no way of telling just yet... it's in the "to be continued" part... muuuhahaha... don't worry, no confidences will be broken. Well maybe Ozzy's, but his life is an open book anyway.
    hmmm??? I must have missed this conversation *is saddened*

Thank you for sharing your deeply personal search for faith.

I never felt comfortable with Christianity (my deepest apologies to anyone who is, I intend no offense). The first thing they told me when I attended church, was to admit that I was a sinner. I was 12 years old. I was quite confused as to how I could be a sinful person, when the worst thing I had ever done was lie about my homework or stay up past my bedtime. So I drifted away from Christianity. Like you, I wanted to believe. I didn't want to be a bad person. But even from a young age I couldn't understand how "bad" people went to Heaven just because they believed in one man. Or why "good" people who lived an honest life went to Hell simply because the did not believe.
    These questions were ones I didn't dare ask. That was the fastest way to be punished in a town with more churches than people.
    So I stumbled into paganism. It's not a panacea to all of my faith based questions, but I feel comfortable searching for the answers within this context.
    I never saw siprits when I was a child. That must have been a scary, yet exciting ability. I've encountered several in my adult life.
    You actually had an exorcism? I would love to hear the deatils of that!
    ...btw... the whole of England is said to fit inside Lake Ontario. I just felt this fact to be important to the point I was trying to make, whatever that may be.
    HUGS!!!!
    Hopefully things will get better soon!!!
    I mean, "bare" hands, not "bear" hands. though both might be accurate statements
    ummm....how do you catch half a fish? Do I want to know?

That's so cool about Ozzy catching fishies in his bear hands. I wish I could have seen that!!!!