View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Poverty Sucks

Name:  pickonpoor1.jpg
Views: 2564
Size:  106.3 KB

If you're like me (i.e. disabled and subsisting off a disability pension and/or supplements from the provincial government) then you've probably already received tons of well-meaning links/texts, etc. from friends about FREE money/benefits/services you can get from the government (or other seemingly legit organizations) just for being disabled.

I don't blame people for wanting to help, and I'm even okay with their enthusiasm, as misguided ...
  2. You just made a Hugh-J mistake!

Name:  hugh-jackman1.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  249.4 KB

With all the hoopla surrounding Hugh Jackman's photo and subsequent comments about how he's aged, I'm half afraid to post my own annual pic outlining my weight loss. I wouldn't want to shock people with how I've aged a whole year in the past year.

Then again, I'm not a high-profile celeb, so who cares? And who would have the audacity to say something about it in this day and age where we're trying to drive ...
  3. RIP Daddy

Help me find strength today
to find the inspiration and worth that my father brought to life
to deal with my friends and family with dignity
to focus on my dreams and goals
to refrain from harsh behaviour and lashing out
to not be afraid
to move forward
to find inspiration and worth in my own life

August 4, 2014

Losing my dad was hard enough; but apart from Ozzy -- who never did get to meet him -- there really wasn't anyone to turn to for support and comfort. Instead of words of kindness and compassion, I had to deal with hostility and resentment. I longed to be around family who still loved my dad, but due to an unfortunate oversight, I was not invited to his service.

Throughout most of my life I have been ...
  4. Be Kind

Name:  bekind2da.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  161.0 KB

It's not my insecurities that tend to jeopardize my relationships with others; typically, it's theirs.

They've experienced bad relationships in the past and tend to have trust issues. And after people burn you so many times, it's hard to want to keep on trying to be nice to others. We've all felt that at one time or another, right? I understand how difficult it is to be kind to unkind people. It's a real struggle.

I wasn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Dani's Diddo List

Name:  diddo1d.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  124.4 KB

Life's usual quirks and surprises often wreak havoc on my daily "To Do" list.

You know how it is... ever-changing priorities getting re-sorted every time a new task comes in.

At a glance I can see a distinct pattern in my waylaid To Do lists: a focus on what didn't get done.

At the top of the page it says "To Do" while further down is my proportionately smaller "Did Do" list.

That's my problem ...
    Categories
    Rants & Musings
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast