View RSS Feed

Dani Oliver

You just made a Hugh-J mistake!

Rate this Entry
Name:  hugh-jackman1.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  249.4 KB

With all the hoopla surrounding Hugh Jackman's photo and subsequent comments about how he's aged, I'm half afraid to post my own annual pic outlining my weight loss. I wouldn't want to shock people with how I've aged a whole year in the past year.

Then again, I'm not a high-profile celeb, so who cares? And who would have the audacity to say something about it in this day and age where we're trying to drive home a more positive message about body image and how we look at ourselves? Well, no one who matters, that's who.

I'd like to think this pic is Hugh throwing his hat into the ring showing how this vile speculation happens to men too. I guess there's some folks out there who still don't understand the difference between getting made up for a movie or high-profile appearance (award shows, etc.) and just being yourself.

And, of course, we'll always have those who live to put others down to make themselves feel better. They have this mentality that celebs have all the power/looks/money/dream life and therefore must be destroyed in one way or another.

Don't mind me... I'm a wee bit oversensitive this morning as I contemplate the anniversary of Robin Williams' death and how he suffered throughout his life with a negative body image. You have to wonder how much the poison pen contributed to his decision to end his own life.

There are those who believe that by putting themselves out there in the public eye, celebs deserve this kind of negative attention... or they're asking for it. I don't see it that way... and I like to make a wide berth of people who do. What you put out there, comes back to you.

Hugh, you rock. Keep up the good work.

Submit "You just made a Hugh-J mistake!" to Facebook Submit "You just made a Hugh-J mistake!" to Digg Submit "You just made a Hugh-J mistake!" to del.icio.us Submit "You just made a Hugh-J mistake!" to StumbleUpon Submit "You just made a Hugh-J mistake!" to Google

Comments