Dani Oliver

Our New Mug Warmers

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	our-new-mug-warmers1.jpg 
Views:	3030 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	1394

You know how serious we are about our morning caffeine intake - me with my coffee and Ozzy with his tea. One serious impediment to enjoying our respective hot brews, however, is how quickly they go cold as we attend to our daily multitasking routines. As if in answer to our unspoken prayer, we came across some "mug warming" heating pads yesterday at Walmart that screamed HELL YEAH! At $9.96CDN a pop we thought wtf not?

So after using our new 1.7L wireless kettle ($17.88CDN), which replaced the cow-themed stove-top one that someone forgot about and destroyed by forgetting to flip the whistle-thingie down, I made Ozzy his first cuppa tea. Easy-peasy with the slick drip-free design and lightweight handling. And it's black so it fits right in with our other appliances. For my part, it's perfect for the part-klutz, part-physically challenged person that I am.

Speaking of physically challenged... Oz announced to me this morning as I was preparing my own hot cuppa bullet-proof coffee that I am not going to be able to use MY mug warmer. I'm like... WTF? He then puts the mug warmer's "Important Safeguards" pamphlet in front of me, highlighting #5.

Name:  quot-start-sm.png
Views: 391
Size:  1.7 KB 5. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.

Unless, of course, he's referring to my reduced mental capacity more so than my physical challenges? Do you see what I have to put up with? Meanwhile, he's the one who almost burned his hand testing the heat of the mug warmer pad, and then his pinky finger which briefly rested on the bottom of his glass mug.

I'm pretty happy with this acquisition since my BPC tends to go cold pretty quick these days. The NutriBullet was great for maintaining the liquid's heat when blending the ingredients... but our new blender, not so much. By the time I get halfway through I'm drinking cold sludge. Yummy! (TM-Martha)

Now I guess the main challenge is going to be remembering to turn this sucker off when I'm done my coffee. Luckily it's "in my face" with its little bright red LED light feature, so I think I'm good. Until I get distracted. SQUIRREL!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Our New Mug Warmers" to Facebook Submit "Our New Mug Warmers" to Digg Submit "Our New Mug Warmers" to del.icio.us Submit "Our New Mug Warmers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Our New Mug Warmers" to Google

Categories
Rants & Musings

Comments