Thread: Article: Amazon Kindle

Default Article: Amazon Kindle

Never argue with dragons, for thou art tasty and go well with brie.

Blog Entries

Well, I have never been a big reader but from this review I going to have a look at it maybe for a present for a certain miss Dragoness next B-Day or something she a big reader! Thanx for this Becca.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles.../dp/B002FQJT3Q

Oh this looking like a great gift Idea!

Blog Entries

This really appeals to me. I'm struggling to hold onto things these days, and even grasping a paperback novel can be taxing on my hands.

I like the dictionary feature as well. Sometimes I obsess on the meaning of a word to the point where it distracts me from the storyline. OCD FTW.

I've been using my laptop by my bed to enjoy audio books when my eyes can't cut it, but it can get a little clunky and awkward. Now when you say it's C3P0-ish, do you mean his particular manage of speech (snotty British accent) or that it sounds rather robotic? I have to admit a good narrator (such as Rob Inglis from the Lord of the Rings audio books) really makes it more enjoyable.

It would be nice to be able to adjust the size of the wording as well. I had eye surgery last year and while they fixed my distance vision, they messed up my reading vision. I still haven't procured a set of reading glasses yet. Must do so soon as I'm getting behind in my reading.

I've been waiting over 5 years to have my books sent to me. It's horrible to have a craving to read an old book only to not have it handy. Not like we'd have room for them in this small apartment, but a handy device like the Kindle would take care of that!

Thanks for this review Becca! I guess I don't have to add it to my wishlist, someone seems to have gotten the idea already.

Blog Entries

I have the Nook and love it. I would say the only reason I choose the Nook is the fact that at the time and still do buy my reading materials from Barnes and Noble over Amazon. If things had been reversed I probably would have bought the Kindle.

The only real problem I have with my eReader is the fact that in low light the e-ink screens become hard to read like an actual book, granted the opposite is true when in a very well lite area you are not tying to cover the screen to reduce glare. The only other problem I have with the E-Ink screen is color pics come out in a gray scale.

All in all I would not trade it in for a stack of books.