To keep this simple... this is a place for our community members to share events going on in their areas to let us know what's going on... as well as to have a place to drop a line to let people know about yourself.

As most of you all know -- and for those that don't know -- I love to go fishing. I will try to be descriptive here.

I fish mostly for 3 species of fish: Trout, Salmon and Sturgeon. There are many different places I enjoy fishing for these but what do you expect in BC Canada as it is rated as one of the top 5 fishing capitals of the world! This is just a little peek into the things I love to do.

Me! On Surrey Fishing Dock with a BABY Sturgeon I caught back in 2004

~Surrey Fishing Dock~
The Surrey Fishing Dock is one of the places I enjoy to go for fishing. It is easy to get there, a good group of people fish there with the exception of a few. The Salmon run past there a lot and it is a great place to fish for sturgeon almost year round.
The downside of the Surrey Dock is the Parks & Recs have taken it away for some reason. Rumors I hear are, "for repairs", "to expand it" to stop people from going on it during the dangerous run-off (run-off is when the Fraser River gets very high due to the melting snow off the mountains.) For whatever reason they have taken it and more rumors have been popping up! That Parkss & Recs have no intention of returning the Dock. And Today we saw one of the dock's NOT-so-liked guys (he's not liked because he allows his dog (a King Shepard) to pee all over everyone's fishing gear and doesn't stop him dog form doing so). Well we saw him posting notes on the Dock's wharf that said "Save the Surrey Dock Public Meeting Aug. 20th, 2008 at Bridgeview Town Hall". Now this leads me to believe they are not considering bring it back. But I don't know how trustworthy this guy is. I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to find out when I call City Hall about the meeting. Time to call the fishing buds to see if they have seen or heard anything..

Feel Free to add comments or start your own thread about your own topics. This is a community after all and we don't restrict ourselves to PC Games and Sports. Fishing is considered a Sport/Hobby so feel free to share with us your stories..

More to come and more photos.