Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mount & Blade series

DragonShadow Member Kevin Kennedy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mount & Blade series

This is a fun little series I came across, it's a mix between third/first person shooting, RPG, and Strategy. The game series is set in the medieval eraish...(One of the "expansions" has firearms and grenades in their earliest form.) I would have to say if you love mass warfare while controlling a single guy with the ability to start as a lowly nobody and become a king or just a vassal of the king, this is the game for you...You start out as a man/woman who has left their homeland (you basically choose your reasons and your back story, which all determine starting stats/skills) and can either devote yourself to a faction or start up your own(I would suggest starting out as a Mercenary for another faction until you are capable of defending yourself...) As I said, you start out as a man/woman and as such you fight alone until you get some people to work for you, say either mercenaries or local peasants whom after fighting under your banner long enough can actually become better soldiers for a price.

I even managed to find a fun little mod for the multiplayer called Nord Invasion which is pretty cool really... Basically instead of fighting other people you are doing a co-op game where you must fight off waves upon waves of Nord forces until the prince himself attacks...Your stats,exp and gear all transfer between the servers, and you can even craft items to be used in battle such as one of my characters is a Heavy Infantry who is an armorsmith and makes armor for myself and others to wear as needed as well as a tinkerer as a secondary class which uses devices such as barricades, explosive barrels, and other such toys. (All of which is used in the external economy system they have made...including an action house) While my other character is a Crossbowman and is an Alchemist.

I have to say the game itself though the graphics are dated(and there is talk of a 2nd game coming out for the series...(it's really all one game with expansions and modules... but the new one is a whole new game itself)) the game is highly addicting, I can't seem to stop playing it since I got my hands on a copy, honestly I love being a mounted archer in the campaign.(Mounted archers have to have certain skills to be effective but gods they can take out a whole army themselves if they have enough arrows and recollect ones as needed...also so long as they don't get their horse shot out from under them...)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mount & Blade series

Character Stats/skills
    Name:  2012-08-02_00001.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  190.4 KB

Character Appearance Selection
    Name:  2012-08-02_00002.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  189.5 KB

Communication Screen
    Name:  2012-08-02_00008.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  173.7 KB

World map zoomed in without reducing visibility
    Name:  2012-08-02_00004.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  179.1 KB

World Map Zoomed out to max, allowing full view of most cities
    Name:  2012-08-02_00005.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  175.5 KB

Edit: The zoomed out screenshot is only a fraction of the cities I said most but means some....where my cursor is(if you can see it) Is where my guy is from the picture above it(Basically two pictures giving and idea of the size of the world...)
    Last edited by Kevin Kennedy; 08-03-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Wow when did this game come out? It seems like my style game i might have to look into getting a copy and trying it out..

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

Opps!!! and Thanx for posting this Artic! very good job thank you..

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

lol thanks? um...I'm not 100% sure when it was released...I know that it's engine is fairly outdated....but that's all i really know(the engine may be outdated but the game still runs smooth minus the occasional crash to desktop, still unsure what causes it, just know it happens sometimes during battle...)

Blog Entries

It seems like my cup of tea that is for sure. Defiantly want to check it out..

Blog Entries

ill have to check this out looks good

Blog Entries

is this an mmo? if not anyone know of an mmo like this?

Blog Entries

it's not an mmo...sadly it's either the campaign which is where those pics are from or...you can play online which is basically just battles, no map like that....there's some groups trying to make the campaign into multiplayer or at least allow multiplayer to support it, but it's a coding nightmare :s

Blog Entries

First successful video, yay for OBS(Open Broadcaster Software)... Sorry for the static and coughing/throat clearing, as well as forgetting certain aspects, but it can all be looked up on the wiki, just wanted to get the basics set up and show what the game is like. For the most part, each attribute(minus intellect) has a secondary effect when it is raised, beyond just increasing the cap for the skills attached to them. For instance, Strength gives hp, Agility gives weapon speed(like proficiency), and Charisma gives party size(might also give morale, can't remember now...)