Thread: Samsung Galaxy s5 Nano locked me out!

Blog Entries

Default Samsung Galaxy s5 Nano locked me out!

Ok, today I went out for a walk with Dugchugger to get some Pokemon balls. It was a raining and I wasn't all that worried as my cell is water-resistant. I picked up my phone, turned off the WiFi and loaded up Pokemon Go. It loaded up. I checked the battery and it was at 80%. So I put it in my pocket and and started the walk.

When I got to the first stop I noticed my phone was off so I tapped the power button expecting to have to swipe my pattern in but nothing happened. I couldn't have run out of battery power in only 10 minutes of walking. I held down my power button to turn it on, but nothing happened. "Well, this wasn't right," Ii said to Duggy. So I put the phone back in pocket and waited until i got home.

I started by plugging my cell in to charge it. I tried turning it on. Nothing happened. The Galaxy s5 nano logo popped up but nothing after that.

I, in a nervous fit, put the phone down started googling solutions.
    Name:  SamsungGs5.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  13.5 KB

Then right before my eyes, 5 min later, it turned on. But something was still not right. My pattern would not work. I know my pattern. It's not like it's a hard one, and I use it on a regular basis. So after 5 tries it locked me out for one minute. Well, after that it locked my out for 5 min after I kept trying. My pattern, nor my backup pin, would work. Back to google I went.

There I found a few forum references to many people having this same issue with S6's and S7's but nothing referring to s5's but all answers said simply reboot your cell and OMG it worked.

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s5 Nano locked me out!

Sooooo... you tried turning it off and on again and it worked.

Name:  off-and-on3.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  122.8 KB

Blog Entries

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy s5 Nano locked me out!

The messed up thing is i tried turning it off an don a few times before the lockout.. it was all a tad bit weird!!

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291