View RSS Feed

Life Events & Stories

1. Have you tried turning it off and on?

Ozzy went out fishing for the better part of yesterday, which meant I had some quiet time to myself to... oh I dunno... write, read, turn up the music and dance around the apartment like a mad woman... no wait, I already do that.

But whatever cruel disciple of time I had watching over me yesterday, decided that it would be better for me to occupy myself otherwise. Instead, ...
  2. RIP Daddy

Help me find strength today
to find the inspiration and worth that my father brought to life
to deal with my friends and family with dignity
to focus on my dreams and goals
to refrain from harsh behaviour and lashing out
to not be afraid
to move forward
to find inspiration and worth in my own life

August 4, 2014

Losing my dad was hard enough; but apart from Ozzy -- who never did get to meet him -- there really wasn't anyone to turn to for support and comfort. Instead of words of kindness and compassion, I had to deal with hostility and resentment. I longed to be around family who still loved my dad, but due to an unfortunate oversight, I was not invited to his service.

Throughout most of my life I have been ...
  3. Let There Be Dragons

Recently, I came into a mother lode of books. As an avid reader I was starved for reading material (other than computer-related manuals) after my own collection had been confiscated. During lean times, rebuilding it had not been a priority. So this windfall was a particularly passionate experience for me. It also had the delightful effect of feeding into my spirituality.

I tend to favor the Science Fantasy genre - where logic and reason meet ideas that aren't always just pure fantasy. ...
  4. The Gov't has me in their sites

For well over 10 years now the government has been picking on me in the form of my taxes... every shape and form of 'em. I outright asked one rep yesterday to please run a virus scan on their systems to ensure there wasn't a "FUBAR DUGGY'S TAXES" bug on them.

In the mid-90's they screwed up by sending me two GST cheques. Like the good honest citizen I am, I sent one back. Well they didn't know how to handle this, so they applied it to my "money owing" account, messing up my then-perfect ...
  5. To Believe, or Not Belive, That is the Question

I am all seeing, all knowing.

I've never stuck around long enough for anyone to truly appreciate this fact.

I freaked people out when I was 2 in England. At 3, I was freakin' them out in Germany. I celebrated my 4th birthday in Canada.

Things changed when we moved to Canada. The magic (my muse) was gone. For a while, the voices stopped. Search as I might, I couldn't find the faerie folk. I found Canada to be devoid of magic. Then I discovered the "natives" ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast