View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. If you can't stand the heat, don't tickle the dragon

by , 03-28-2009 at 10:08 PM (Living and Dying in 3/4 Time)
    [SIZE="5"]
    What do you get when you subtract five vials of blood, human dignity, and sanity from a forty hour work week, then add overtime and one nasty son-of-a-bitch? Just another week in physical therapy. It's that time, my friends. We're living and dying in 3/4 time. :wizdumfounded:

There is a fine line between telling you how my week went and whining. I will probably cross that line at some point.:wizembarrassed: My apologies in advance.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Punch Line

by , 03-28-2009 at 08:13 PM (Living and Dying in 3/4 Time)
    [SIZE="5"]
    The name of my blog is "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time". No, it's not a morbid thought of ending life in 75% of the time, it's a song reference. "Nautical Wheelers" by Jimmy Buffett is one of my favorite songs. So, just in case anyone was wondering, or if you even cared, here are the words. I'll see if I can include the actual song. hmm....maybe the youtube gods will smile upon me.

By: Jimmy Buffett
    Nautical Wheelers ...

Updated 03-28-2009 at 08:29 PM by DracoArgentum

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Gone Fishing

Ozzy in one of his common bursts of spontaneity suggested that we go fishing at Green Timbers today. In trying to access my database of excuses as to why I can't/won't leave the house, I came up empty-handed, thus I agreed to go. For those of you who don't know, I am agoraphobic, which means that getting me to leave the house is akin to trying to stick butter up a wild cat's ass using a hot poker. However, I was feeling particularly accommodating today.

The weather was ideal: Cool
    Categories
    Nature
  4. Mid week mini rant

by , 03-25-2009 at 12:47 AM (Living and Dying in 3/4 Time)
    [SIZE="5"]Seriously folks, be nice to your health care providers. We're usually one happy pill away from going totally bat shit crazy.

My lesson for the week: the nicer you are to person, the worse they treat you. Dude...when I go above and beyond to get you out of a facility you don't want to be in, the last thing you want to do is piss me off.

And that, my friends, is the midweek mini rant.

Draco Argentum[/SIZE]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Living and Dying in 3/4 Time- the JOB edition

by , 03-21-2009 at 04:21 AM (Living and Dying in 3/4 Time)
    [SIZE="5"]Now that I have the Red Dragon to take care of, I require employment to feed it, bathe it and, generally, care for it. It's a finicky eater and only wants the expensive gas. Dragon Ass wasn't picky, it had no problem consuming the Mc Donald's of gasoline and not complaining.

I am working at a nursing home. Sorry, I can't tell you where (if i tell you, I have to kill you). Actually, I can't tell you because of HIPPA laws. Don't ask me what it stands for, I can ...

Updated 03-23-2009 at 11:27 PM by DracoArgentum

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast