View RSS Feed

Living and Dying in 3/4 Time

Living and Dying in 3/4 Time

Rate this Entry
[SIZE="4"]I want to stress that I am FINE but I was in a car accident Friday. My truck is totaled. Or as I prefer to say, it's fucked. I was on my way to the grocery store. There was a truck stopped in front of me, trying ot make a left turn. It was okay, I stopped. I had time to look up and see a red SUV coming at me. I had enough time to think, "Wow, I think he's going to hit me." Yep. He hit me. Everything happened in slow motion. I thought I had enough room in front of me that I wouldn't hit the parked truck. I slammed into it. I had a brief moment where I thought about being hurt, possibly killed. But it was okay. I was scared shitless, but nothing else happened. The cab of my truck remained intact. I was shaken, but the first thing I did was go for my phone. All of this happened in front of the fire department. There were hot firemen swarming around my vehicle. Holy Shit, I"ve died and gone to Heaven or Valhalla! It took me a minute before I could tell them I was okay. I didn't know what the damage was like and they're screaming that I'm leaking oil, I"m terrified that the truck could blow. I managed to get out of the road, but the truck was making terrible grinding noises. I got out and saw it for the first time, the whole front of my truck had been pushed in. Fluids were everywhere. My dragon license plate had been knocked off, but the guy in front of me put it in the back of my truck. The back of the truck was okay. My back did hurt, but it didn't start until 30 minutes after the accident. But it's not too bad. I told the insurance company that I wasn't saying that I was NOT hurt until the following morning. The guy that hit me offered to take me home. I looked at the officer and shook my head. I was close enough to home that I could have walked. I was not getting in the car with this guy. He was upset and kept saying he was sorry. He broke the first rule after an accident, he admitted fault (several times). The officer ended up taking me home. I told him that I hoped none of my friends saw me; I was in the back of the police car! Just no handcuffs. Damn. LOL. I was sitting back there and the theme from cops was going through my head. if I had been in a better mood I would have sung it, "Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do? watcha gonna do when they come for you???"

I know it's only a thing, but I cried a lot. I went into hysterics when I got my dad on the phone. I have so many memories with that truck. And oh, the secrets it knows. I named all of my vehicles (there's only been two). This one was "dragon Ass", because it's a 4 cylinder, 1995 Ford. It DRAGS its ASS. Draggin' Ass...dragon ass. The front plate was a green dragon (like my truck) that said "dragon ass". It was also the only thing that was in my name. I had planned on selling it to a good friend of Orvel's. It was a good little truck, it didn't deserve to die like that.

But it was a blessing in disguise. I talked to Orvel and I'm getting a new vehicle. I start work in a month, but i need to go ahead and get a new vehicle. So he'll have to take over the first month's payment for me. But after that I'll be fine.

It's funny. For the past week several people have asked me, "Do you still have that old truck?" The whole time I've had it (8 years) no one has ever asked me that. THe night before the accident, I looked up how much my new car will cost. The next day I got into the accident. It happened at a good time. I have Orvel's car to use and I"m not working. The first payment will come in around the same time as my first pay check. No one was hurt, it's okay.

I seriously think I have a guardian angel or spirit. I thanked him/her/it last night. I asked to have a dream so I could know who was looking over me. I dreamed about one of my characters last night (from my story I'm writing). It's very, very rare that I dream of him. But he's always been in my life, in some form or another. So, maybe I don't know who my guardian is, but I know what it prefers to be called. I'm so lucky that I wasn't hurt.

Sorry for the long letter, yesterday was a long day! I never made it to the grocery store, but that's okay too! LOL. I can just imagine if I had groceries when this happened. Talk about egg on my face. I would have made the police officer carry my groceries in. Still can't believe I rode home in the back of a squad car[/SIZE]

Submit "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time" to Facebook Submit "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time" to Digg Submit "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time" to del.icio.us Submit "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time" to StumbleUpon Submit "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time" to Google

Updated 03-21-2009 at 06:23 PM by DracoArgentum

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

LMAO!!! omg there I go laughing at your pain again. I am a terrible friend I know. I can't help myself... I blame it on your witty literary style. Seriously tho... I'm glad to hear you're okay. Thanks for sharing. *hugs*
    Wow Dugy Read this aload to me i just found it now..

Draco omg you had us all worried. Glad you got on vent and we could hear your voice and hear your alright.

Great Blog thou..