Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ether Saga: First Impressions

Blog Entries

Got in and leveled to 30 today. In the midst of this I discovered a new feature of this game I kinda like.

There has always been a long battle with MMO's and people using third-party programs to "PLAY" the game for them. Whether it is ethical or not is every player's right to decide for themselves. I prefer not to use a program to play a game. That is my opinion. But I discovered Ether Saga has taken this one step further yet again. There is always a risk of using third-party programs -- I have heard some stories that would make you cry -- people losing their accounts and all the content of those accounts stripped. These are risks some choose to take to lessen the monotonous grind of leveling in MMO's. The most common fear is the "Keylogger". Well Ether Saga has come up with an answer to make your game play safer and less monotonous. Is this an "if you can't beat 'em Join 'em?" attitude or just a safer way to allow players to achieve higher end-game play?

Ether Saga has a quest you can do that will give you the reward of a "Possessor". What this is is a bot program that when configured right, once in the area of the mobs you want to hunt, you turn it on and it will go and go... healing you when you need to with pots, using your full range of skills and not stopping until you either die, turn it off, or it runs out of time. These possessors have a time limit. Then you will have to complete a quest to get another one and the quest is not quick and easy. So don't think that in 5-10 mins everyone can have one. In one case you need to complete a 4x4 puzzle and to get 1 piece of the puzzle you need to do a quest and there are 3 puzzles and only 1 will give you the possessor. And the puzzle drops are 100% random. Good Luck!

I like this new feature. It is offered to the players from the game producers and so much safer than the usual means of botting. Although to date I've never used a program like this, I found it easy to configure and the in-game guide was simple and to the point.

I have added a few more screenshots: one of the possessor and its layout and a few others just to show off the graphics.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

This little in-game feature is amazing. You can even set it up to assign healing pots and food for your "pet" as they fight. As Oz said, it was easy to configure and we were up and running in no time. Now we're hooked and working on the quest to replace our Possessors which just ran out last night. GG ESO!

Blog Entries

To add we are about to reach the level where we can Pk/PvP and I will let you all know how that goes so far the Karma system they have in place "reads" complicated but I look forward to the practical aspect of this.

Quote Originally Posted by http://eso.perfectworld.com/guide/community_pvp

Level Limit

New players cannot take part in PvP, and are unable to be attacked by
    other players. PvP will be available when your character reaches level 45.
    PvP Settings

Click the PvP Settings button beside your character avatar to adjust the settings.

• Alliance:Check to avoid attacking Alliance colleagues.
    • Clan:Check to avoid attacking Clan members.
    • White Name:Check to avoid attacking white-named players.
    • Red/Orange Name:Check to avoid attacking red-named and orange-named
      players. You can also directly attack a player by holding CTRL key.

Colors of Name

The colors of a player's name show the player's PvP status.

• White:Players without PvP history. Killing white-named players will increase your Infamy level.
    • Red:After killing a white-name, your name will become red. Killing a red name will not increase your Infamy level.
    • Orange:After launching an attack to a white-name (the white-name is not killed), your name will become orange.

White-names will not increase their Infamy level by killing orange-names, while
    red-names will increase their Infamy level by killing orange-names.
    Tip 1: The lower your victim's level is, the more Infamy you will receive.
    Tip 2: Ordering your pet to attack another player will not rid you of the penalty of colored-names.
    PvP Penalties

• 1. A red-name will drop in-Bag and equiped items each time she/he dies.
    • 2. A red-name will lose 5% EXP each time she/he dies until the EXP reaches 0.
    • 3. A red-name will move slowly when her/his Infamy is over 5.
    • 4. A red-name will lose Mana easily in PvP when her/his Infamy is above 5.
    • 5. A red-name will be attacked by the guard of every town or city.

Other Details

• 1. A player will drop items when she/he is killed in PvP. A player will not drop anything when she/he is killed by monsters.
    • 2. Generally a player will not lose EXP or Spirit when she/he is killed in PvP.
    • 3. An LV1-9 character will not lose EXP when she/he is killed by monsters.
    • 4. After being killed by monsters, the character will lose 5% EXP and 5% Spirit if it is revived at its death site. If the character is revived by other player's skill, the loss of EXP will be determined by the capability of the utilized reviving skill.
    • 5. Scapemonkeys free your character of all the penalties when your character dies.
    • 6. NPC functions are always available. Even the worst PvP status will not stop the NPCs from offering you services.
    • 7. Items dropped in PvP will not be protected. Anyone can pick them up.
    • 8. Scapemonkeys can be stacked for up to 99 per slot.

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

Yeah we're kind of too close to 45 right now. There's a little angst involved as I haven't as much dueled yet in the game, let alone pvp. I am such a n00b. Luckily... I am also a healer, so just keep me alive? heheh...

On the duel aspect of it though, watching around town, I notice that people don't like it when you use pots during pvp. Unlike L2, we don't have to worry about taking our "shots" off. However, if someone challenges you to a duel, you might want to ask pots on or off.