Thread: Rohan: First Impressions

Blog Entries

Default Rohan: First Impressions

Rohan: First Impressions

Rohan Online is in the open beta stage. This game is not as impressive as I thought it would be. Although there is a lot about this MMO I really like, there are some things I am not too fond about. Let’s start with the likes. The character creation allows for a lot of choice in class and race and they have announced on their web site that another race will be unlocked soon. The style of the character is more to my liking with a most realistic look to the player characters. The character building is simple to understand. If you don’t understand the concept they have gone with, you could gimp your character’s stats right from the start, but that would not be the game’s fault. And I like the fact that it forces you to understand the class you’re playing in order to set the attributes accordingly. As for the interface they have gone with a light-colored soft look, easy on the eyes. The mapping system is rather unique with a region-type system where you click on a different region to see the details of that area. Skills have some cool vocal and visual animations and the skill tree is easy to navigate and figure out.

They have a unique system in place where some races are not allowed around the starter towns of other races. This makes for a very interesting dash for your life to flee from the town patrol as they will kill you. This aspect of the game I am not fond of due to the fact that it makes partying with friends at lower level more difficult. For example, in Duggy and my case she was a healer and I was a damage dealer and when she made it to my town to party me the patrols would not leave her alone and kept killing her. This albeit an interesting twist on an MMO in my opinion is nothing more than a hassle and an irritant. Duggy and I are always up for a challenge so we found away around this, but with me taking all her drops and having to run back and forth from where she was hiding from the patrols to where I had to go to sell stuff and get re-supplied was a little too much. The graphics were good with fresh new looking monsters and the town that I started in was very impressively constructed and animated. The aspect of the training area where all new players start is a great idea, although the questing system in this game is a little hard to figure out and I can see me having to waste a lot of time looking for NPC’s and getting lost.

This is still a first impression. I am not completely giving up on the game yet. I am still low level and want to see what the game has to offer so my opinions could and will change to shed more light on this game. The game does have potential and I am not prepared at this point to quit the game.

Here is a screenshot of the game and again go to my profile albums for a bigger view.

Have a look for yourself.

http://www.playrohan.com

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

How the hell do you find so much time to play all of these different games?

Sounds interesting though... I'll have to check them out.