Well, for all those who are not sure where to begin, this should help you out. Everyone should try to get in the habit of updating your drivers regularly. The developers of these products - whether it be hardware or software - have made if fairly easy to do so. Hopefully this guide will help you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Step 1 - Identifying
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Identify your hardware to know what to look for.

There are many ways to do this - some simple, some take a little more work. Let's take your video cards as on most systems it's the one that needs the most updating.

Depending on what OS (Operating System) you are use this might differ a little. With Vista...

Method 1.
If you right click your desktop and then click "personalize" a window will appear. At the bottom of this window you should see "Display Settings". If you click that another window will pop up. If you look at the bottom of that one just above the buttons "Ok", "Cancel" and "Apply" you should see a button called "Advanced Settings..." If you click that yet another window will appear with a bunch of tabs. Typically one of the tabs should say "Adapter". While on this tab you should see "Adapter Type". Below that is the name of your Video Card. Now you know the name and manufacturer of your video card.

Method 2.
This way I find faster and gives more details. If you hit your Start button menu at your bottom left of your desktop, when the sliding window appears that has your program files and such in it toward the bottom you should see "Run" (With Most OS's you will see run with Win7 you will not but there is a search bar there.) If you type "dxdiag" in search bar (for Win7) or the window that appears after hitting "Run" (in Vista and some other OS's) a window will appear with much more detail in it. It should have a few tabs across the top: "System" "Display" "Sound 1 and 2" and sometimes "Input".
System - Tells you your OS, your Motherboard Model, your Processor type, RAM amount and DirectX Version.

Display - Tells you all your Video Card Specs.

Sound 1 & 2 - Breakdown of your sound card.

Input - Normally what Devices you have plugged into your UBS's, ie. Keyboard and Mouse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Step 2 - Searching
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see Method 2 gives you a lot more details. It's the one I prefer to use. Now this part is simple. Go to Google and type the name of your video card and drivers. For example, I use NVIDIA so in Google I would type "NVIDIA Drivers". This is the easy part. You will find a page like these:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Step 3 - Downloading & Installing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once you navigate yourself to one of those types of pages for your hardware's manufacturer ***Warning - In the process of Searching keep in mind there are some sites that are out there made to look like your hardware's manufacturer to get you to install bad software. So be mindful of the links you go to. If you're not sure get your local PC guru to help you with this.***

Once your new updated driver is downloaded and you're ready to install, simply click the install "*.exe" (or whatever file extension it uses). This should simply overwrite the old drivers in most cases but if you're one of those thorough types like me, I completely remove the old drivers before installing new ones. This is done though your PC's Control Panel. But in most cases this isn't necessary any more. And if you insist on doing it this way again you might want to consult your local PC guru. In most cases after an install of new drivers your PC may prompt you to restart. Do so and you should now have the benefit of updating your drivers.