Thread: The "Lineage2.com, NCsoft.com and Forums Maintenance - 11 - 23"

Blog Entries

Default The "Lineage2.com, NCsoft.com and Forums Maintenance - 11 - 23"

This is some good news....

Lineage2.com, NCsoft.com and Forums Maintenance - 11 - 23
    http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=219399
    Quote Originally Posted by Sace
    The account management functions on NCsoft.com, the Lineage2.com website, and the Lineage II Official forums will be down for maintenance on November 23, 2011.

1. NCsoft.com maintenance - November 23, 2011, at 4am PST. Expected downtime is approximately 12 hours. (Click here for additional timezones for this maintenance.)With this maintenance:
      • All Lineage II game accounts (trial, paid, inactive) are converted to Truly Free accounts.
      • Remaining game time on paid accounts will be converted to NCoin.

2. Lineage2.com maintenance - November 23, 2011, at 11:30am PST. Expected downtime is approximately 4 hours. (Click here for additional timezones for this maintenance.)With this maintenance:
      • A new Lineage II website is being published!
      • The Lineage II webstore will be open for business!

3. Lineage II Forums maintenance - November 23, 2011, at 5am PST. Expected downtime is approximately 12 hours. (Click here for additional timezones for this maintenance.)With this maintenance:
      • The forums are being re-skinned to update them to a Goddess of Destruction background image.
      • The forums login authorization is changed to allow players with Truly Free accounts to log in.
      • A fix for the unexpected-forums-logout issue will be implemented.

this looks like all accounts are getting turned on and going free to play.. today we will have GoD soon

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

Default Re: The "Lineage2.com, NCsoft.com and Forums Maintenance - 11 - 23"

This was in an differ thread but about the same Downtime for today.

Server Maintenance - 11 - 23
    http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=219398

Quote Originally Posted by Sace
    All servers will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 12pm UTC/GMT. Estimated downtime is approximately 10 hours.

With this maintenance:

• The Vesper Dreams event continues.
    • The European server, Naia, will be moved to the United States. Moving forward it will be in the same physical location as Chronos. The Naia server time in-game will remain European: the next Castle Siege and Territory Wars on Naia will occur this weekend (November 26 and 27) as originally planned.
    • All Lineage II game accounts become Truly Free.
    • All characters' vitality will be refilled. A vitality refill will happen with every regular weekly maintenance.

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

You can all thank me for the early arrival of Truly Free. After the account went down six hours earlier than anticipated, I whined... I mean wrote to NCsoft about it. As Barnes suggested, the due date reflected on our accounts are indeed GMT. Bah.

Anyway, this is what I wrote to them yesterday. Coincidence? I think not! I've posted the entire rant here for your viewing pleasure, but feel free to skip down to the bolded portion.

Thank you for forwarding the link to the article explaining the time difference as it relates to my account. It's a moot point now with Truly Free so close, but ideally that info should have been displayed somewhere plainly visible in customer account information. I'm sure it would have saved you folks a lot of hassle over the years. :-)

As the point of this support ticket was to determine why my account went down earlier than anticipated, you can perhaps guess that I was not prepared for this. Like many others, I had been waiting for more information on how accounts were to proceed. When it finally came about, there were still huge gaps in information that would determine whether or not I would pay a full month's subscription when I, like many others, had no idea if we would inadvertently be paying for NC coins. I'd rather buy these on my terms and not under the pretense that I want them in exchange for subscription time that is obsolete. It hasn't even been a week yet that we learned that there will be no PTS. And last I looked at the "FAQ - Goddess of Destruction Truly Free" thread on the official forums, it has gone off-topic and there are no answers posted to new questions, and other questions are still waiting for you folks "...to provide more information on this topic at a later date."

With regards to PayPal, I had thought I cancelled pre-authorized payments with them for L2. Rest assured, however, that my account is not in "review" at PayPal, but I do thank you for your kind suggestion to contact them. Am I still going to have to deal with them for NC coins? Gawd I hope not. Sincerely hoping there will be systems in place (such as players able to gift NC coins) so that I can avoid PayPal altogether.

Lastly, I didn't anticipate having to pay for a full month's subscription when there is only a little over a week before the game goes free to play. I appreciate that you have offered your customers NC coins in reimbursement for the extra months they purchased (unaware, I might add, that the game was going free to play), but to demand a full month subscription to be paid at this late date just seems a little wrong. Again, I'd rather buy the NC coins when I am prepared to do so and not in the guise of an obsolete subscription package. I would like to suggest that you consider shutting down subscription services at least one week before Truly Free. Ironically, the entry into Truly Free comes at a price to your devoted community -- "pay for subscription time you can't use so you can get NC coins you might not want". Not Truly Free, is it? I'll keep my eye on the FAQ in the hopes that more answers are forthcoming in these late hours so I can decide whether or not to pay for one last "month" of playtime.

All that being said, I truly am looking forward to Goddess of Destruction. You folks have a lot of challenges ahead, but I have faith we're all headed in the right direction.
    I will happily accept NC coins as tokens of your appreciation. I'm sure they will be giftable as I did, after all, suggest it in this email. *snicker snort*

Blog Entries

LOL Dugchugger. Not sure if the 8 hours they said as the maintenance announcement was flashing will stay true or not. Crossing my fingers because than I will hopefully be able to get my shop up and running before work. If not - nuts. Any way I guess the long wait is on. See everyone in L2 in the future.

I suggested it was on GMT too hehe! We rock :P

Great news for DragonThor And Dug hehe! but 10 hours omggggggg

Blog Entries

14 hours and 20 minutes
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Got Minecraft last night. It's keeping me occupied.
    I lie. I'm going nutz.

Blog Entries

we are still down !!!!! lol

Blog Entries

wonder if there is anything lurking in my Warehouses??? will need to take a look and see.