Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitney1.gif 
Views:	148 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	875
As many of you probably already know by now, Whitney died yesterday. Shortly after the news, I glanced over the details but haven't looked yet again today. I don't have the heart. Last I saw, they were still investigating the cause of death.

Whitney and I are the same age, and we sorta grew up together. Her debut was a happy time for all... the '80's. Such a fun era for those who were coming of age back then.

In the '90's both of our lives took bad turns. Mine was outside of my control, but I survived and became a better person for it. Hers were within her control, and she continued her downward spiral into drug abuse. I'm not judging or pointing fingers here. I really felt for her.

Ironically enough, Oz and I were reminiscing about Whitney last week, after which he downloaded some of her albums. We had been listening to them all week, disregarding her current situation and focusing on the days when she was a positive influence and an inspiration to many of us. It was nice to be taken back to that happy time.

Her death caught me offguard yesterday. We were already dealing with a tragic loss in the family, among other stressors. Whoever she was at the time or death, whatever she had done in the past, I don't care. I will miss her. I want to remember her how she was.

RIP Whitney. May you find the peace in the afterlife that you could not find here. And thank you for the happy memories.

~Duggy