Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp Fix for L2 Crit Error

Blog Entries

Default Temp Fix for L2 Crit Error

From what I can see at a glance, there was a problem with some texture files in this week's maintenance (10/24/2012). The temporary fix is to delete or move the offending files. I chose to move them cuz let's face it I'm a packrat.

The files you need to delete/move are:

LineageAccessory.ukx from /Animations folder
    LineageAccessorytex.utx from /Systexture

So far I haven't crashed once since moving these files. *knocks on wood*
    And on a happy note... Chugdugger has a cute new hairstyle for the time being.

Name:  chugdugger_10-28-12.gif
Views: 350
Size:  48.3 KB

Blog Entries

Default Re: Temp Fix for L2 Crit Error

I don't think the bug reports are going though either because They can't seem to find the right page.

Blog Entries

Well sorta related... but I got a giggle out of one guy's post today. In reply to Juji's post...

Originally Posted by Juji
    Please submit these issues to technical support. It would be extremely helpful if you can also post the error messages you are seeing here as well. Thanks!
    Wallop wrote...

Juji, rather than having several hundred (thousands ?) of people, all jamming up the support system (that I assume can only handle one support request a week, if that week happens to be snowing), would it not be easier to go and kick one of the techies (try not to spill his coffee) and tell him to look on here ?

You don't really need all the support requests, you had emergency maint, one of the techs broke it, and every crit error posted here so far has been the same, and, someone above actually posted a fix, maybe the tech team can take a hint as to the problem ?

Hope that helps
    "jamming up the support system (that I assume can only handle one support request a week, if that week happens to be snowing)"

And no offense to Juji or the other GM's, Community Managers, Production Assistants or w/e they're calling themselves these days... but he does have a point. Why bombard the techs with a hundred copies of the same error message, essentially slowing them down from finding a fix for it. I realize that the error messages also contain other handy-dandy info useful in narrowing down issues (OS, CPU, Video, etc.) but in this case it was pretty obvious that the problem wasn't on our end. A quick peak at the related threads might have been in order.

I predict another emergency maintenance by tomorrow late morning... or will this have to wait for the next maintenance period as it involves replacing edited files? Hmmm....

Blog Entries

Worked for me! I just told someone name llDorll in Giran about it hope it helps them too.. TY Duggy!

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

Since my post was edited by Sace to remove the simple temp fix to stop their loyal player base from crashing, I'm posting my solution and comments in their entirety here on the DragonShadow forums where common sense prevails...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	criterror_forumpost_10-29-1.gif 
Views:	488 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	1042

Quote Originally Posted by Sace View Post
    Again we ask that players do not delete or remove files from the game client. While this may seem to some like a fix for the problem it is actually only a work around that causes other issues on the server. As such it is not a functional solution and may result in increased problems for the server and other players. Any posts with instructions on removal or files or further encouragement to do so will be moderated and removed.
    I guess I've been told.

Speaking of common sense... Laby offers...
    Want a quick fix ?

Make all eyepatch item un-equipable until the bug is fixed
    ...and then follows up with...

Well Sace, I guess you know I am curious about how it does affect the server. The crash is client-side : a file is corrupted, and therefore each time the main executable (L2.bin) do a call to load the texture of the Eye Patch on an Elf Female, it doesn't find what he wants (the texture) and then crash.
    Server side, the server just register "the item has been equipped. Just try to equip one Eye patch on a LE female, you will crash. Login again, and on the login screen you can see (if you don't crash before :P) that the item is equipped. Nothing wrong with that, nothing unusual there : the server can handle items equipped / unequipped.

So the problem there seems to be the players keep crashing. What does it do for the server ? An unexpected close of the link between one client and the server. Nothing new and nothing old there, the server itself has seen a lot of crashes since the start I guess. If there is a problem, does it mean I will risk the server stability by login ingame and shutting my client brutally (like with ctrl+alt+del) instead of Menu -> Log out ? I doubt so. Nothing unusual there, the server can handle unexpected crashs

So I am still searching why it affects the server. May be the login server is too busy with people trying to reconnect. Or may be the server is registering each crash and is a bit busy because of that ? I never heard about such a system on the last L2Server.exe release
    Then Sace went ahead and closed this thread so that we can't help our fellow players remain logged into the game. Such a shame for those who have spent RL coin on items they cannot use. So glad this game is no longer pay-to-play.

As mentioned before I cannot share those details. Please understand that our advice to not remove files is for good reasons. Please accept this and do not do more research into this cause: that's what our support team and devs are doing, and they will find a fix that works for everyone in the near future.

Locking this thread for now as there are no further updates to share at this time, and to discourage further player testing for solutions. We will find a solution for this ASAP; please be patient in the meantime.
    Hopefully when ncsoft gets a "roundtuit" they'll share it with us in announcements AND on the server, before they give us a 10-second warning that they're taking the server down.

Blog Entries

LMAO!!! you know I used to have some respect for Sace! But after this Bullshit I think she is useless as Tits on a Bull!! Good Game Sace you truly need to work for the L2 community and be more proactive. I understand that you have a Job to do and answer to someone but where are your loyalties?? I used to have some sympathy for ya seeing how NCsoft would push you around by not allowing you to give the truthful answer but now instead of working with the L2 Community you just Shit all over us.. TY Sace!

You come from nothing, You're going back to nothing. So what have you lost? Nothing! So always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.dragonshadowclan.com/portal/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1517329291

Blog Entries

Ouch... when first reading that, I thought it a tad harsh... but you make a good point. As a Community Manager, not providing a solution is one thing, but removing a temporary fix, is just... wrong. Before removing it, an alternate and viable solution should have been provided in its place. 'nuff said.

DragonShadow Member Kevin Kennedy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that is pretty messed up...though it could just be the tech team pulling strings to keep the community from thinking it's their fault so to speak...

Blog Entries

Apparently the issue will be fixed in tomorrow's patch. Here are the details:

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...14#post3278014

Quote Originally Posted by Juji View Post
    All game servers and the NCSOFT.com account management functions will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 31, 2012, at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 12pm UTC/GMT. Estimated downtime is approximately 4 hours for the game servers.

With this maintenance:

• The Memorable Raid Boss Event begins! Read more info here.
    • The Halloween Pack and other Halloween-related items will be removed from the L2 Store and L2 Galleria on 11/01.
    • Happy Halloween! The Special Halloween Event starts!

• Pumpkins (“Norhand”) will spawn in the following towns at regular intervals after the maintenance until midnight PDT:
        • Talking Island, Gludin, Gludio, Dion, Giran, Heine, Oren, Aden, Goddard, and Rune. (Schuttgart is not included)

• Defeat them to earn many rewards:
        • Adena
        • Vesper Transformation Herbs
        • Attribute Stone/Crystals
        • Gemstones A/R
        • Soulshot/Blessed Spiritshots
        • Armor/Weapon Enchant Scrolls
        • Giant’s Energy
        • Halloween Cookies
        • And much more!

• They will have extremely high P. def and M. def, so grouping is recommended. If you are in a party, make sure the loot settings are correctly set up so that you can receive loot.

• The Zombie Attack! event has been postponed to a later date.
    • Fixed the critical error crash issue in which clients of players near a character wearing an Eyepatch would crash.
    • Party/Clan buffs will no longer be applied when you are transformed as the Block Checker in the Block Checker game on Fantasy Isle.
    • Sealed items will no longer drop from raid bosses.
    • Olympiad participation request can be made only up until the last 20 minutes of the game.
    • Fixed the occasionally incorrect calculation of individual request points at the clan request manager.
    • Fixed the issue in which new character creation would sometimes result in hairstyle A if D is designated.
    • Fixed a suspected cause to what was making it impossible to gather from Seed Energy.
    • The option.ini file has been fixed to now properly display NPC HP gauges.
    • Gameguard is being updated to support Windows 8. If you are still experiencing errors running the Lineage II client with Windows 8, please contact customer support.

Blog Entries

I hope it works because I am ready to start carrying cans of Raid instead of weapons in the hope of killing the stupid bugs before they crash me. Granted I know it won't work but a dwarf has to do something to try and earn a living.