Thread: Skyforge

DragonShadow Member Kevin Kennedy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Skyforge

So my buddy and I were watching this game called Skyforge and it finally came out so I've been playing it with him. It's a free action mmorpg, meaning the combat requires you to actually be actively participating for combos and such... When I've finished uploading the videos I'll add them to this thread, though bare in mind I made a new channel so if you're a sub for my old channel you wont get a notice when they're up. Anyways, the basis of this mmo is that your character died in battle and became an immortal(there's like a small % of the total population on Aelion that can be turned into immortals) and thus can one day become a god. Basically your generic you're the center of the universe mmo, but at the same time at least they gave a good basis for why you can never stay dead unlike most... I'm loving it and yes as per usual, I can't describe it well enough. One drawback of the game is they have an imposed weekly limit for resources that you can get(you can have way more than the limit which is what I thought it was, but you can never exceed the amount gained per week until it's reset on Tuesday at 9PM PT for the NA servers or Wednesday for the EU servers) I don't mind it too much, but it does prevent you from rushing to a new class later on, speaking of... during the tutorial phase of the game(before you become immortal) you play as a paladin, however after the battle you can choose between Paladin, Cryomancer, and Lightbinder. After that you can unlock classes once you reach a certain point in one of these classes "atlas" which you'll learn about as you play the game. The road to a new class is long and will take at least 2 weeks, I'm currently trying to get Necromancer but I ran out of shards this week to finish it and may even need a 3rd week due to how many shards I still need to get there. Ultimately though I can say that it's entertaining, most of the game is instanced(zones that only you and your group can enter) but there are some open areas(instances that are fully public) which lag for me(even my new net can't handle so many people in one zone...) There's "goldspammers" sadly despite the fact that you can use in-game currency to get the real money currency(and no you can't cash out like you can in games like planet calypso) but luckily they stay in the divine observatory and only in region chat so you can just leave that channel or that zone to avoid them. Your character can get followers later on in the game which I don't have a video for sadly, but basically you get your own little "Order" that provides your character with bonus stats and even gives you something to do when you've hit your weekly cap. One last thing... They have a clan system called a Pantheon that can access special zones/battles as well as apparently give a minor stat bonus like orders do, personally I'd like to be able to try that out but obviously without proper approval, I wont be doing such at this time.
    Last edited by Kevin Kennedy; 09-09-2015 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Skyforge

The game is actually quite fun . Got in with the Open Beta but have not had a lot of time to play with working around 60 hours a week and trying to do things in a few other games that I play as well. The way you level up the characters and progress though the atlas is interesting yet can be confusing as both use the same points :|

Blog Entries

indeed, the one thing I have to say that sucks(not in a bad way per say) is that if you spend your normal ones on class nodes you can't advance into the main atlas when you run into your cap, luckily there's an alternate one for that, but it's still a pain if you're unaware...

Blog Entries

Also doesn't help when you at first don't realize that you don't have to max out one of the first classes to progress down the main atlas.

Blog Entries

Yeah luckily the community is fairly helpful, but sometimes they're just plain annoying... case in point, I want necromancer, and people constantly tell me "Don't do it" I used it promo and love it, way better than cryo and kinetic...